Submit the attached PDF below to apply for resident status at the University of Kansas.
Required Documentation Checklist
- Documentation of your physical residence in Kansas for the preceding 365 days. Include ONE of the following:
- Letter from landlord(s)
- Copies of rent checks/receipts for the past 12 months
- Copy of deed/mortgage. A lease is not sufficient.
- Include documentation for ALL income you list on Question 16a. For example: you may include copies of paychecks, W2's, financial aid award letters, or financial aid transcripts.
- Include copies of your:
- Kansas driver's license
- Car registration
- Voter Registration
- Most recent state and federal income tax
- Resident Alien Card OR Visa and I-94 (non-US citizens only)
When Submitting Your Application
- Do NOT submit original documentation. Please include copies of supporting information. We will not return any portion of your application. Your application will remain on file in our office. It will be kept confidential and will be destroyed in 5 years.
- Please fill out the form COMPLETELY.
- Be sure to have your form NOTARIZED on the back of the last page. Notaries can be found at local banks and in Strong Hall on campus.
- Feel free to include any additional documentation that you feel will support your application for Kansas residency.
- Please make a photocopy of your entire application and keep it for your records. We will not return your application or any supporting documentation.