Delegate accounts are granted by the student. Students have options to grant and revoke Delegate Access on their account at any time.
Delegate Access can be given for any combination of the following categories:
- Class Schedule Only - access to view current class schedule.
- Financial Aid - access to view Financial Aid award information.
- Grades and Course History - access to view grades and course information.
- Student Financials - access to view and pay student bills.
- Student Financials 1098T - access to view 1098T.
Students initiate Delegate Access setup by designating delegates following the steps outlined here. This will generate an email to the delegate confirming that this access has been granted. This email will also include a unique security key as well as a link to Create a Delegate Account and Accept Terms and Conditions.
- If you are a new delegate, click on the Create a Delegate Account and Accept Terms and Conditions link and complete the fields on the left to create a delegate account. If you already have an established username and password and are adding an additional student, log onto the right side of the page with your existing credentials.
- Visit delegate.ku.edu using your Username and Password.
- Make sure that you update your profile and PIN by clicking on that tile on your homepage.
- Click on the My Student’s Information tile.
- Select the student that you would like to view and click Save. You will still need to select a student even if you only have access to view one student’s information.
- Use the folders on the left to view information for each student.
- If you are the delegate for multiple students, click on the KU Select Student to View page at the top to select a different student to view.
*Detailed instructions on the process can be found at https://sis.ku.edu/delegate-access.
Changing Password or PIN Information
Delegate Access provides a password and personal identification (PIN) that can be used to authenticate a Delegate in other situations (such as phone calls). In order to discuss aspects of a student's record with Financial Aid, Student Accounts & Receivables, or the Office of the University Registrar, a student must grant a Delegate access to review that information. Delegates must also confirm their PIN. After logging in, you are able to change both your password and your PIN by clicking on the Update Profile and PIN tile.
Forgot Your Password?
Visit delegate.ku.edu and then click on "Forgot Your User ID or Password."