Delegate Access provides a self-service approach for student's to share their account information with a third party. At times, there may still be a need to work with a Delegate in other ways. For this reason, Delegate Access has a built in Personal Identification Number (PIN) that can assist staff at the University of Kansas with authenticating a Delegate in person or over the phone.
Please remember: Assignment of Delegate Access does not mean that University of Kansas employees have a requirement to speak to a Delegate. When in doubt, do not release personal information regarding a student's account and refer the student or their delegate to one of the offices responsible for Delegate Access.
Two things are required in order for staff to speak with delegates about student information:
- The student must grant permission for each of their Delegates to view portions of their student account within Enroll & Pay. They may grant or deactivate access to any or all of these categories:
- Class Schedule Only - access to view current class schedule
- The Delegate PIN must be verified. Delegates can access their PIN by logging directly into their Delegate account and clicking on the Update Profile and PIN tile.
- Once identity is confirmed, you may speak to the Delegate regarding only the categories the student has chosen.
If a Delegate has not been granted access to a student’s account, they must contact their student to update it. Changes occur instantaneously, though the staff screens may need to be refreshed.
Finding a Student's Delegates
Staff will have access to view the Delegate information and will be able to view the current access granted.
- To view the Review Shared Information page:
- Select the Student Info, Catalog and Class tile from the Staff Homepage.
- Click on the Detail Student Information folder.
- Click on the Review Shared Information page.
- Search for a student account.
- You will be directed to the Review Shared Information – Summary page. Information about Delegates, what they have access to, and their PIN are located on this page. Please note that the PIN can be a combination of numbers, letters and special characters. The PIN will display all letters as capitalized on this page.
Detailed instructions on checking Delegate Access can be found here.