Delegate Access provides a self-service approach for student's to share their account information with a third party. At times, there may still be a need to work with a Delegate in other ways. For this reason, Delegate Access has a built in Personal Identification Number (PIN) that can assist staff at the University of Kansas with authenticating a Delegate in person or over the phone.
Please remember: Assignment of Delegate Access does not mean that University of Kansas employees have a requirement to speak to a Delegate. When in doubt, do not release personal information regarding a student's account and refer the student or their delegate to one of the offices responsible for Delegate Access.
Two things are required in order for staff to speak with delegates about student information:
- The student must grant permission for each of their Delegates to view portions of their student account within Enroll & Pay. They may grant or deactivate access to any or all of these categories:
- The four digit Delegate PIN number must be verified. Access to the PIN number can be found by logging directly into their Delegate account and adjusting their Delegate options.
- Once identity is confirmed, you may speak to the Delegate regarding only the categories the student has chosen.
If a Delegate has not been granted access to a student’s account, they must contact their students to update it. Changes occur instantaneously, though the staff screens may need to be refreshed.
Finding a Student's Delegates
Staff will have access to view the Delegate information and will be able to view the current access granted.
- Follow this path to get to the Validate Guardian Access page: Select the NavBar Icon on teh top right corner/Select the Navigator Tile/Select the Manage Delegate Access menu item/select Validate Guardian Access menu item
- Search for a student account using information from the delegate. If you are searching by Student Name, please use the Last,First.
- You will be directed to the Delegate Validation page. Information about Delegates, what they have access to, and their PIN are located on this page.
Working with the PIN
The Personal Identification Number provided by Delegate Access allows staff to verify the identify of a Delegate without inadvertently releasing student information. Delegates can set their own PIN through their access. If there is a question of validity of the Delegate, the Office of the University Registrar may choose to reset the PIN and ask the Delegate to log into their account and either use that number or set a new number. Please report any concerns of inappropriate use of Delegate Access to the Office of the University Registrar.