University of Kansas Seal
The University Seal may be placed only on documents that describe a student's academic relationship to the University, on official personnel related documents, and on official research related documents by units officially affiliated with the University.
The following is a list of information that may be sealed by the Office of the University Registrar without the submission of documents from another source:
- Name (as recorded on the database at KU)
- Address (as recorded on the database at KU)
- Date of Birth (as recorded on the database at KU)
- Present academic status (i.e. good standing, probation, etc.)
- Field of Study
- Statement of degree/Statement of graduation
- Estimate of fees-Fee screen
- Estimate of other expenses (may not exceed predetermined amounts)
- Dates of attendance which include start and end dates of semesters, date of withdrawal
- Official transcripts (printed on-line with seal)
- Current schedule of classes
- Current status (degree seeking, full-time, half-time)
- Social Security Number (as recorded on the database at KU)
- Student number
- Grade screens
The following is a list of additional items of information, which may be sealed by the Office of the University Registrar with written verification from the course indicated within parentheses.
- Financial Aid (Office of Student Financial Aid)
- Immigration status (Office of Foreign Student Services)
- Frequency of class attendance (letter from each instructor)
- Place of Birth (passport or birth certificate)
- Estimated date degree will be earned-SOD (Academic Dean)
The complete University Seal policy can be found at http://policy.ku.edu/registrar/university-seal.
Obtaining the University Seal
Documents requiring a seal may be emailed to email@example.com or brought to the KU Visitor Center at 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS. Emailed documents will be left at the front desk of the KU Visitor Center for pickup once the seal has been applied.
Information on obtaining an Apostille can be found here.