Withdraw After the Start of the Semester
It is important that prior to withdrawal from all classes that you look at the academic calendar for withdrawal and refund deadlines. In addition, there are a number of items to consider before withdrawing.
Procedures for Students in:
- Undergraduate Engineering
- Undergraduate Architectural Engineering
- Applied English Center
- Submit the withdrawal form to Enrollment and Financial Aid Services at the KU Visitor Center (1502 Iowa St.) or the reception desk at the Edwards campus. Withdrawals are not official until submitted and entered into Enroll & Pay. They must be submitted before the office closes on the deadline date.
After the Drop (DRP) hold has been applied (first day of the Second Period Drop), procedure for students in:
- Education (Undergraduates only)
- Social Welfare
- Obtain approval from your school and the no drop hold will be removed. Students may then withdraw online via Enroll & Pay until 11:59 p.m. the same day the drop hold was removed.
- Students may not withdraw online or by paper after the deadline date.
All Other Students
Login to Enroll & Pay. Click on "Student Center" > Click on "Enroll" > Click on "Drop" Select the "Withdrawal Form" option in the tab across the top, select the appropriate term and follow the instructions.
Re-enrolling for the Next Semester
If you withdraw on the first day of class or after, you will be assigned an enrollment appointment time for next semester. If you wish to return to the University of Kansas, log on to Enroll and Pay before main enrollment (mid-March for Summer/Fall enrollment; mid-October for Spring enrollment) to view your appointment time. Follow the continuing student enrollment instructions. This is valid ONLY for the semester immediately following the semester in which you withdraw.