When to submit an Auditorium Request:
If the class in an auditorium met or exceeded the Enrollment Needed to Keep and the time and days of the course are staying the same, a new request should not be submitted. Fill out the Advanced Auditorium Request form using the prior term’s Auditorium Utilization Report (.xlsx) or if new, as a basis for the request if the class meets one of the following criteria:
- This is a new class that needs an auditorium.
- The previous like semester class did not meet the Enrollment Needed to Keep requirement.
- The previous like semester class, time and/or day is changing.
- The class has a non-standard meeting pattern.
Approved utilization for auditoriums is 80% or higher based on previous use during the last like term
- Exceptions to this policy are allowed when enrollment for a class does not meet the 80% minimum but is too large for the next smaller capacity auditorium. Use the Enrollment Needed to Keep column in the list of centrally scheduled auditoriums to compare the actual number enrolled on the appropriate Auditorium Utilization Report (.xlsx).
Classes that have a non-standard meeting pattern will not retain the auditorium assignment regardless of meeting the Enrollment Need to Keep.
- Requests will be reviewed during the update period and, if approved, placed during room optimization. Requests received during advanced placement are not reviewed and must be resubmitted during the update period.
|Rooms||Capacity||Enrollment Needed to Keep|
|Joseph R. Pearson 150||133||106 (Tuesday/Thursday only)|