Request an Enrollment Certification

Puppy wearing a KU bandanna

An enrollment certification is an official document that includes degrees awarded, current and past enrollment status, cumulative Official GPA and other parts of a student academic record. Official certifications are printed on security paper with the university seal and the registrar’s signature. 

Self-service requests for enrollment certification, transcripts, and digital credentials are now available through MyHub, an online application fulfilled by the National Student Clearinghouse. Students and alumni will have lifetime access to their academic records of enrollment and degrees from the University of Kansas and other participating institutions.

Students may log onto MyHub to create their account and access their records. After the account is created, it may take up to 24 hours for academic records to appear.

  • Enrollment Certifications only for specific semesters 
  • Enrollment Certifications that include more information, such as GPA, Good Standing, or Good Student Discount information 
  • Allows attachments of other documents and may be delivered on your behalf to a third party. 
  • Certifications are provided at no charge for current students (unless priority processing is requested). There is a $15.00 charge for non-students. Priority (same day) processing is $26 per enrollment certification regardless of enrollment status. Cutoff time is 12:00 pm CST. 
  • Documents not picked up within 60 days of the completed request will be destroyed, no refund will be issued.


Form Request

  • The Office of the University Registrar does not provide documentation of enrollment status at the request of a third party. Third parties must submit their request to the National Student Clearinghouse, or by telephone 703-742-4200

The University of Kansas participates in the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) located in Herndon, VA. Four times a semester (after the second day of classes, at approximately 20th day, mid semester, and after finals) KU submits a secure FTP (File Transfer Protocol) of students' enrollment status to the NSC who then supplies verification to lending agencies. All loan deferment forms are now forwarded to the NSC. The University does not supply information directly to lending agencies. This process speeds the flow of information to lenders and provides them with an available record of all enrollment status including enrollment at other, participating, institutions. The University of Kansas joined this service to enhance speed and accuracy. 

Deferments for current enrollment will not be sent until after the first day of the semester. If you need to notify the lender of a previous semester's enrollment, please indicate this on the deferment request. You must be enrolled at least half time, or be enrolled in at least 3 hours with a GTA/GRA appointment, or be in a special internship program approved by the University to qualify for a deferment. If a student registers late, or receives an exception for a retroactive withdrawal, this information may not be reported until the next submission cycle. 

Occasionally your circumstances may necessitate that a manual deferment form be submitted to your lender. If that is the case, please complete the loan deferment form. Be sure to be in contact with your lender to see if they are a Clearinghouse participant prior to submitting the form to our office. Submission of a deferment form in conjunction of the report from the Clearinghouse may cause problems particularly if there is a discrepancy in the two due to a change in enrollment between the date of the form and the date of the submission. If you have a unique situation, please contact to explain your needs.

If you are eligible for deferment, but received a collection letter you should: 

Contact your lender or loan servicer to verify your deferment status. Sometimes deferment forms are received between the time the NSC supplies the information, and the lending agency sends out collection letters. 

If your lender or servicer is unable to verify your deferment, contact the National Student Clearinghouse at: 

If an emergency exists, (i.e. you are being threatened with default) the Clearinghouse will contact the lender with the appropriate information and ensure the proper form is processed on a high priority basis.