Order a Transcript
An Official Transcript...
...is a comprehensive document of a student’s academic record at the University of Kansas. The official transcript includes all courses attempted, grades earned, credit earned by exam, name of the school and number of credits transferred, earned degrees, majors, minors, tracks, milestones, certificates, and other notes the university has deemed are part of an official academic record. The name on the transcript appears as the legal name on university records.
Current or former students may order a transcript online.
Before you order:
- Check for Holds: Transcript orders will not be processed for students with financial and other obligations to the University of Kansas.
- Verify Grades are Posted: If you are ordering at the end of a term verify in the Academic Records & Grades tile in Enroll & Pay that all grades are posted (if they are posted there, they will appear on the transcript). The transcript fee is non-refundable if you order a transcript prior to all grades posting.
Transcripts are usually processed within one to three business days. You will be notified by email when your order has been completed.
A credit or debit card is required to order a transcript. Discover, Mastercard, and Visa are accepted. If you do not have one, please contact the Office of the University Registrar.
Transcripts ordered by 12:00 p.m. CST will be processed the same business day. Orders placed after 12:00 p.m. CST will be processed the next business day. You will be notified by email when your order has been completed.
|Express Delivery - Domestic (fulfilled by FedEx)||$35|
|Express Delivery - International (fulfilled by FedEx)||$50|
If express mail service is requested, an official University of Kansas paper transcript will be sent by Federal Express.
- Federal Express guarantees delivery service.
- Federal Express DOES NOT deliver to PO Boxes.
Federal Express U.S. Services and International Services:
- A Federal Express tracking number will be available on the Online Transcript Order page.
- You will also receive the tracking number by email when the order status is updated.
When ordering a PDF transcript that will be delivered electronically you must upload your attachment directly to the order.
When ordering a paper transcript (not a PDF) that has an attachment that needs to be included you have the following options to submit those to us.
- Upload your attachment to the order online when placing your order.
- Drop the attachment off in office, KU Visitor Center, before placing your order.
- Mail your attachment. When mailing, please note that you will order your transcript online in a few days time. The mailing address is: The University of Kansas, Office of the University Registrar, KU Visitor Center, 1502 Iowa St., Lawrence, KS 66045-7518.
*When placing your order online you must indicate that you have an attachment. Indicate that you have an attachment on the "special comments" line: "Please include Mailed / Dropped on In-Office-Attachment."
**When faxing or mailing your attachment please do so before placing your order online as the ordering process is automated.
***Please submit your attachment using one method only. For example, there is no need to drop one off in the office if you have (or intend) to upload your attachment to the transcript online order.
Degrees post four to six weeks after the semester ends. A transcript can be ordered prior to the degree posting by selecting the "hold for degree" option. The hold for degree option will only be available approximately one month prior to the end of the current term.
It is the responsibility of the person requesting the transcript to verify that the recipient will accept an Electronic PDF Transcript. If the recipient will not accept it, all charges are non-refundable. Electronic PDF Transcripts are available to download for 30 days from the date it was sent. No refunds are given for expired documents.
First Class Mail:
Transcripts will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the address indicated on the request.
Transcripts will be mailed via Federal Express using the add-on processing service is selected. Federal Express guarantees delivery service by 3:00 p.m. the following business day. A Federal Express tracking number will be included with your email notification. Federal express guarantees delivery services but does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
Pick Up in Person:
An Official University of Kansas paper transcript can be picked up at the KU Visitor Center, 1502 Iowa St., 8:00 - 5:00 PM CST weekdays, except when the Office of the University Registrar is closed.
- In order to pick up your transcript you must provide a valid photo ID.
- If someone other than the student will be picking up the transcript, the student must submit the Authorization for document pickup by a third party.
Document must be picked up within 60 days of completed request or they will be destroyed, no refund will be issued.
KU Medical Center students should order transcripts from the KU Medical Center Office of the Registrar. Transcripts ordered from either site include all KU coursework completed at the Lawrence and KU Medical Center campus.