Request Other Record

Campus bus and students in front of campus building

Request a record

Applies to:

Lawrence and Edwards Campus Undergraduate Students

This form is used to request Academic Forgiveness in accordance with USRR 2.8. Academic forgiveness can be requested by undergraduate students one time for a maximum of three terms as long as the following apply:

  • Students must have had a break of at least 4 years in their attendance at the University of Kansas. A student will be considered in "attendance" during a semester or term if the student is enrolled in at least one KU course in residence, earning a grade of A-F, S, U, CR, or NC. 
  • Students must have had a cumulative University of Kansas GPA of less than 2.0 immediately prior to leaving KU. 
  • At the time of the petition, students must have earned a GPA of at least 2.5 in at least 12 credit hours earned after returning to KU. All grades earned at KU since returning will be used to make this GPA calculation. 
  • Students may only designate terms completed prior to returning to KU for academic forgiveness. 

Terms approved for academic forgiveness will not be counted into the student's GPA but the classes and grades will remain on the transcript. Hours completed and degree requirements satisfied in these terms will not be counted toward degree requirements. Academic forgiveness will be applied to all classes taken during designated terms.

Applies to:

Lawrence Campus Undergraduates


This form is used to apply for a change of school. Students who are changing majors within their current school should contact their school for assistance.

Students Applying to:Next Step:

College of Liberal Arts & Sciences

School of the Arts

School of Architecture & Design

School of Business

School of Engineering

School of Music

School of Social Welfare

School of Professional Studies

Complete the Online Change of School Form
School of Education and Human SciencesGo to the School of Education website for information on applying.
School of JournalismGo to the School of Journalism website for information on applying.
School of PharmacyGo to the School of Pharmacy website for information on applying.


Applies to:

Lawrence/Edwards Campus students, faculty, and staff. 


This form is used to make corrections to University records in Enroll & Pay. This completed form should be delivered to the Office of the University Registrar. It may also be necessary to contact the KU Payroll Office regarding changes to employment records at (785) 864-4385. International students with an F-1 or J-1 status must contact International Student Services at (785) 864-3617 to change the name on your I-20 or DS-2019.  

In order to have your name, date of birth, and/or social security number changed or corrected on your student record, you MUST provide the University Registrar with a copy of the appropriate official document, including one of the following: State-issued driver’s license, Passport, Certified copy of an executed marriage license or divorce decree. 

Submit your Correction to University Records

Students may use this form to request a course to count towards their degree with the permission of their school and department. 

This is the form to attain credit by examination. Please fill according to the instructions on the form itself. 

Credit by Examination procedures are governed by the Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations, Article 4, Section 4.

Applies to:

Lawrence/Edwards campus students


This form is used to apply for the credit/no credit option. This form will be submitted to your school. You are strongly encouraged to consult with your advisor before submitting a CR/NC request. 

No CR/NC changes can be made outside the CR/NC period. his means that you cannot elect CR/NC or change from CR/NC back to the letter grade grading basis before or after the posted time on the academic calendar for the course (February 15 - February 28 for Spring 2022). Please keep in mind, short courses have different deadlines. Short course deadlines are found here.

You may elect the CR/NC option for at most one course per semester. 

No course graded CR or NC can count toward the satisfaction of the requirements for an undergraduate major or toward the satisfaction of the requirements for a graduate degree or a graduate certificate, except in the School of Law. 

Instructors are not notified of your choice to elect credit/no-credit for their course 

CR and NC are recorded as follows: 

  • Undergraduates: CR is recorded for grades of C- and above; NC is recorded for grades of D+ and below. 
  • Graduates: CR is recorded for grades of C and above; NC is recorded for grades of C- and below. 

College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Students:

The course you select for CR/NC cannot be used to fulfill your major or minor requirement (undergraduate students) or cannot be used to fulfill any degree or certificate requirements (graduate students). Please note that submitting a course that you need to meet your major or minor requirement would be in violation of the University and College CR/NC policy. 

Courses taken as CR/NC do not count toward satisfaction of the Dean's Honor Roll requirements (minimum 3.5 GPA in 12 or more graded hours). 

If you plan to apply to another KU school, contact that school to ask if they will accept CR/NC for the class. 

Pre-Law Students:

The Credential Assembly Service (CAS) does its own cumulative GPA calculation and recognizes No Credit (NC) as an F. Be mindful of this when electing CR/NC as it will not factor in your KU GPA, but it will be factored in as an F by CAS when they send grades to prospective law schools. Contact the Pre-Law advisor in the Undergraduate Advising Center for questions. 

Pre-Graduate/Pre-Professional Students:

Students who plan to apply to graduate or professional schools should ask them how they treat CR/NC grades.

Pre-Medical Students:

Most medical schools recommend or require that core entry requirements, usually including biology, English, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and mathematics, be taken for letter grades, not CR/NC.

Credit/No Credit Forms:

This form should only be used when a student has withdrawn from all courses in a specific term and would like to re-enroll for that same term. 

Students who withdrew from all courses in a specific term and have been away from KU for a full semester or longer should contact the Office of Admissions for information on returning to KU.

Submit your reactivation request