Transfer Credit Petitions

If you have a course on your transcript that didn't transfer the way you thought it should, please review the options below to petition the transfer credit evaluation.

Re-Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Petition for your transfer course to transfer as a direct equivalent to a course in the KU Catalog. A full syllabus is required, which includes a course description, text book information, grading scale, learning outcomes, and a weekly breakdown of the content covered in the course.

Example: Your Developmental Psychology course transferred as PSYC U, but you'd like to petition for PSYC 250: Developmental Psychology.

KU Core Petition

Petition the University Core Curriculum Committee to determine if your transfer course should fulfill a General Education Requirement in the KU Core 34 (Fall 2024+) or the KU Core (Pre-Fall 2024).

Example: KU does not have a direct equivalent for the course you took, but you believe it should fulfill the Arts & Humanities requirement.

AP or CLEP Transcript Credit Form

Apply AP or CLEP credit from a Kansas University college transcript without sending test scores. This option is only available when the AP or CLEP credit is listed on an official transcript from one of the six Kansas public universities:

  • Emporia State University
  • Fort Hays State University
  • Pittsburg State University
  • Kansas State University
  • Wichita State University