An office in Enrollment Management

Enrollment Certification

The University of Kansas participates in the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) located in Herndon, VA. Four times a semester (after the second day of classes, at approximately 20th day, mid semester, and after finals) KU submits a secure FTP (File Transfer Protocol) of students' enrollment status to the NSC who then supplies verification to lending agencies. All loan deferment forms are now forwarded to the NSC. The University does not supply information directly to lending agencies. This process speeds the flow of information to lenders and provides them with an available record of all enrollment status including enrollment at other, participating, institutions. The University of Kansas joined this service to enhance speed and accuracy.

Deferments for current enrollment will not be sent until after the first day of the semester. If you need to notify the lender of a previous semester's enrollment, please indicate this on the deferment request. You must be enrolled at least half time, or be enrolled in at least 3 hours with a GTA/GRA appointment, or be in a special internship program approved by the University to qualify for a deferment. If a student registers late, or receives an exception for a retroactive withdrawal, this information may not be reported until the next submission cycle.

Ordering an Enrollment Certificate

Orders are placed online using your KU Online ID and Password. Depending on the nature of your needs, you will use either a form request for manual processing or self-service to receive an immediate copy of an enrollment certificate when they are available. Self-service requests are fulfilled through a partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse.

Start an Enrollment Certification Request

*Documents not picked up within 60 days of the completed request will be destroyed, no refund will be issued.


Third Party Requests

The Office of the University Registrar does not provide documentation of enrollment status at the request of a third party. Third parties must submit their request to the National Student Clearinghouse, by telephone 703-742-4200, or by fax 703-742-4239.

KU Academic Calendar
Hawk Help: Ask a Question

Enroll & Pay

Enroll & Pay is the University of Kansas' online campus solution for enrollment, financial and other services.

Schedule of Classes

The Online Schedule of Classes

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today