The University of Kansas confers degrees three times a year to undergraduate and law students who have met all requirements by the last day of final examinations for each of three terms: fall semester, spring semester, and summer session. Students must apply for graduation by signing into Enroll & Pay. After logging in, click on Enroll and Pay in the main menu, then click on Degree Progress/Graduation. Click on KU Apply for Graduation. Visit Commencement for more information.
Caps and Gowns
There are many places a cap and gown set may be purchased, both around Lawrence and online, although the KU Bookstore recommends that caps and gowns be purchased through them. Look for mailings about Grad Fairs and ads in the newspapers in the spring.
Degrees are awarded three times a year, May, August and December, to graduate students who have met all the requirements as of the date specified by the Graduate School and published in the Graduate Catalog. Learn more about receiving your diploma.
Tips for Graduating on Time
- Visit the University Career Center if you need help choosing a career.
- Meet regularly with your academic advisor to stay on track.
- Track degree progress and requirements using the Degree Progress Report in the Advising Tool.
- Meet with your academic advisor for a graduation check.
- Enroll in at least 15 credit hours each semester.
- Apply for financial aid, grants, and scholarships through Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Need a tutor? Visit the Academic Achievement and Access Center (22 Strong Hall).
- Take summer session classes on the Lawrence or Edwards campus.