An office in Enrollment Management
  • Home
  • Academic Forgiveness

Academic Forgiveness

Applies to: Lawrence and Edwards Campus Undergraduate Students

This form is used to request Academic Forgiveness in accordance with USRR 2.8. Academic forgiveness can be requested by undergraduate students one time for a maximum of three terms as long as the following apply:

  • Students must have had a break of at least 4 years in their attendance at the University of Kansas. A student will be considered in "attendance" during a semester or term if the student is enrolled in at least one KU course in residence, earning a grade of A-F, S, U, CR, or NC.
  • Students must have had a cumulative University of Kansas GPA of less than 2.0 immediately prior to leaving KU.
  • At the time of the petition, students must have earned a GPA of at least 2.5 in at least 12 credit hours earned after returning to KU. All grades earned at KU since returning will be used to make this GPA calculation.
  • Students may only designate terms completed prior to returning to KU for academic forgiveness.

Terms approved for academic forgiveness will not be counted into the student's GPA but the classes and grades will remain on the transcipt. Hours completed and degree requirements satisfied in these terms will not be counted toward degree requirements. Academic forgiveness will be applied to all classes taken during designated terms.

Attached File: 

KU Academic Calendar
Hawk Help: Ask a Question

Enroll & Pay

Enroll & Pay is the University of Kansas' online campus solution for enrollment, financial and other services.

Schedule of Classes

The Online Schedule of Classes

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today